Pages


Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Long 2 Weeks

This has been a long two weeks.  2 weeks ago, I got the call. We needed to wait.  No visiting, no approval.  Just more waiting.  I have talked to everyone under the sun that could offer guidance.  I called Central Office.  Was told pretty much, "don't call us.  We will call you."  I am trying to stay positive, but with each day am becoming more and more impatient and more and more resentful of this agency I work for. My life is in their hands.  These boys' lives, like so many many other children across the state, are in their hands.

I relate much of my life to movie quotes.  One of my faves is When Harry Met Sally. Aside from the fabulous fake orgasm scene is a great line by Billy Crystal --"When you decide who you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

We have met our boys and we fell for them. And we want the rest of our life to start as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment