Pages


Monday, November 12, 2012

11/11 We met our sons!

WE MET OUR SONS yesterday! I wish I could share their pictures, because they are both so sweet and handsome. For confidentiality, I can not. But let me tell you about the visit.  Both boys are in separate foster homes, about a half mile from each other. We saw Big "J" first, who is 4.  He saw us at the door, and ran to his foster mother "Nana"  yelling "They're here!!!!!" He is a handsome boy, with blonde hair and hazel eyes.  Gorgeous smile.  He was shy for about 5 minutes.  We gave him a bag with a couple gifts.  One was a Batman busy book, which was a book with toys in the back.  We also gave him a Spiderman coloring book and stickers.

He played well with us on the floor.  I was told his speech could be hard to understand.  I only had to ask him to repeat one thing, I could understand him perfectly.  He was easily distracted and wanted to do a million things. But I melted when he grabbed my hand to show me a big truck.  I asked him how he wanted his room decorated, and he said "Trucks." Trucks, it is.  For you, the world.  And he played with my Iphone like he owned it, and liked looking at pictures.

We then had to get going, to see his little brother J.  I asked if I could give him a hug, and he hugged me without hesitation. We then drove the 1/2 mile to Little J's foster home. I was a little taken aback when I asked if they go to each other's houses, and they said no.  They only see each other when they have supervised visits with their mother.

Little J was such a ham.  He is twenty-two months old.  He loves to run around.  He really took to my husband D, and was just fascinated by him. He climbed on him, grabbed his face, and even kissed D on the mouth! D said to me, "I think I fell in love again!" He loved the book and bunny that we got him. He has a hysterical laugh.  He also loved getting his picture taken. His foster mother gave us some pictures of him.  I know she is going to be devastated when he leaves, because she has had him since he was 3 weeks old.  But I think it is time for them to be with a family and be together.

I will always remember our first visit and how we fell in love with them.  I can not wait to see them again on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment