Pages


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

One step forward, 2 steps back

I feel like the last 2 months have been a rollercoaster..  We get a call, we get excited. And then nothing.  We have been waiting on one particular sibling group since August.  I was told Friday officially we can't adopt them because a) there is someone else interested b) because of the office they are from, it would be a conflict.  We have been called a few other times, but told we can't be considered because of where I work.
I really want to do something about this, but don't know what.  Write a letter to our governor or senator? Our Commissioner? Arrange a sit-in Central Office (okay, I am kidding. Kind of).

We are trying to focus on the positive.  Our extra room in our finished basement is slowly becoming a playroom.  This used to be our workout room.  As we painted the formerly gray walls and sold our weight bench on Craigslist, I think my husband shed a tear.  But I can't wait to make this the funnest playroom ever! It is now a canteloupe orange. Now we just need some kids.

We have some events coming up that we are hoping will lead to something.  We are going to our first "Adoption Party" on Sunday.  We are hoping to go to a workshop and meet some social workers who may have waiting children for us.  The children at the party will likely be older, in the 7 - 12 age range.  Hmmm, I wonder if we will change our minds? We are also going to a "Match" meeting in 3 weeks at a nearby office.  I consider this to be like "show-and-tell" for hopeful parents and social workers.  Social workers bring profiles and pictures of children they have needing to be adopted, and we have a profile and can talk with social workers.  Children won't be at this event.  I am hoping something positive comes out of one of these events.  At least we are putting ourselves out there.

Also, I added a link for you to be a follower of my blog! Please follow and share with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment