Pages


Thursday, October 4, 2012

It has been a month since we first heard about the sibling group.  Alas, still no news.  It is frustrating that I was told that they have to look into other families first because "they can't make it look like they just gave them to us because I am a DCF worker."  Trust me, I haven't gotten any special treatment.  We also got a call about a 22 month old boy that needed placement.  We expressed interest.  However, once again I was told we can't take "immediate placements" because of where I work.  Central Office would never approve it in time.  A co-worker who adopted through DCF told me I could call the "ombudsman's" office.  This is someone who handles complaints.  I am almost there.  I feel like I need to tread carefully because a) This is where I work.  I kind of like getting a paycheck. and B) I have no problems with our social worker.  She has been wonderful.  I don't want to throw her under the bus, or get "black-listed" by other social workers for basically talking trash.
October 1st marked the 1 year anniversary of us starting the adoption process.  That is when I had to go through our Central Office for permission. While it is frustrating that we still don't have a child, I am trying to have some perspective.  I know some people wait far longer than that to even get pregnant.  And that a year is a drop in the bucket compared to infant adoption and International Adoption.  But I know and see every day that there are children in foster care that need to be adopted.  They are here and they are waiting.  I have seen all too well the effects of a child bounced around without a permanent home.  And we are here, willing to give a child or children a safe, loving home.  And the process just gets in the way.
On a positive note, D is on a staycation so I took a personal day.  Guess where we are going? Home Depot! Exciting, I know,.  We are going to get paint for the children's room and playroom, and for the furniture.  I am mostly excited that the room that is going to be the playroom is currently a dark gray color.  And has wrestling posters on the walls.  Yes, D picked it out.  I married a 10 year old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment