Pages


Saturday, October 27, 2012

"I Just Need Possible."

I am a sucker for movies made for tweens. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, 10 Things I Hate About You, Aquamarine.  Today, I got suckered in to watching Soul Surfer for probably the 5th time.  I find the movie so inspiring, with the perfect amount of cheesiness.  I can't wait until I have kids old enough to enjoy cheesy teen movies with me.   One line that resonates with me from the Soul Surfer Movie is:

"I don't need easy.  I just need possible."

Even though I had been warned, I have learned the hard way that adoption from foster care is not easy.  Even once the children are home with us, it will still not be easy.  I just need to know it is possible.  It is reassuring to me that a couple from our adoption class just brought home two wonderful, healthy boys yesterday! They are now a family.  I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a twinge of jealousy.  But I know that those were the children for them, and ours are out there somewhere.  Their recent adoption reminded me that it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment