Pages


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Foster Parent Gifts

    I had been debating what to get the two "Nana's" for our sons.  Little J was with his Nana (foster parent) since he was three weeks old.  She cared for him while he weaned from methadone.  She saw him meet many milestones, and worked with Early Intervention.  She has helped him become the sweet little boy he is now. I hear she has cared for many babies over the years with special medical needs.  Big J was with his "Nana" and "Voo Voo" for over a year.  When he came to them, he was a very hurt little boy, who had been shuffled around.  They helped him heal, they potty trained him, and helped him in school.  The move was hard on big J, and he asks for them a lot.  Both ladies are very sweet, but just knew solely because of their age they could not adopt the boys.
    I thought what, if anything, do you get for the people who cared for your children and raised them for the early years of their life?  I did give them Christmas cards with a long message inside.  I was careful not to include the family picture, because I thought it would be to soon.  I decided to get something about taking care of children. One of my graphic design friends made this:






I plan on matting and framing it and giving it to them at Little J's birthday party this weekend.
Thank you to Michelle for the design!!

No comments:

Post a Comment