Pages


Thursday, August 30, 2012

Some updates

I am sad to say we have decided to say no the the two children we were called about.  I don't want to get into specifics, but I just felt their needs were something more than we were ready to take on at this point.  I feel sad about it.  They were really cute.  It was probably a good thing we didn't meet them. I may have wanted to take them home on the spot. I just don't think it was a match for us.  Like most things in life, I think it is important to go with your heart and your gut.
I think it's okay to not say "yes" to our 1st phone call.  But what if the next one or next two doesn't seem right? Will we be blacklisted?
We have already been called about a 1 and 3 year old.  That is all I know about them.  I was supposed to hear back today, but nothing.
Over the past week, two family members have questioned us taking on two kids.  I have to admit, I felt a little hurt.  They questioned if we could afford the day care and other expenses.  They worried it would put stress on our marriage.  I will admit there are days when I have doubted if we can handle being a two adult household to a family of four.  But I have seen people do it.  Most new parents just rise to the occasion. They make it work.  I think that is what we will do.  I am sure we will make mistakes.  But I feel like all sings are telling me it is right to go through with our plan.
We also looked at our 1st day care today.  It is interesting, researching day care and adopting.  I obviously don't know age, gender, or when they will be with us.  I also would want them to be in the same daycare, and I am finding many only have spots for children 2.5 and above. I am also debating part-time versus full-time.  Center-based versus home-based.  These are tough decisions.  But I feel like this is finally one of our first steps that is just like other "regular" parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment