Pages


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

More Waiting

     So far, the month of May has been mostly waiting.  Our social worker came by for one more home visit.  She had some follow-up questions before the home-study.  Luckily, I have lost the nervous feeling when she comes over.  I appreciate that she responds quickly to calls and e-mails as well. 
Yesterday, we met up for lunch with another couple we met in the adoption class.  They are very cool, and are similar in age to us.  It was nice to hang out with someone in the same boat as us.
For now, I have to restrain myself from shopping for the child.  This is especially hard considering I have three baby showers next month I have to shop for.  Our social worker said we can wait until we are matched, even if this means a last minute scramble for baby and kid items! We have decided that books are safe, and have started slowly buying children's books to build up our library.  D even bought a "1st Superman Book", which I think is adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment