Pages


Thursday, May 23, 2013

5 months!!

I have had 5 months with my little men.  5 months of being their mom.  It feels like forever some days, like they have always been with us.  It is odd sometimes to think of what a blip of time that is for them.  That they have had other caretakers, been in other homes.  There is someone else who is maybe hurting they are not with them.  Little J attached so easily.  I can't imagine now how it would feel for me if he attached to someone else. I try to put myself in the shoes of their foster moms and their birth mom.

We had a visit with their social worker, and are hopefully going to have a finalization date for early July!!! It will make me feel so much better to have a date.  I have decided not to have a huge party, since we recently had a large baptism.  We may do a fun lunch somewhere after the court date, then we are going on a big family vacation in July.  To be honest, I can't wait to change their last names.  It shouldn't matter, but I can't help but feel judgement for having two boys with different last names from each other and from me. It will be nice to have that permanence. 

We all have come a long way in 5 months. Little J is your typical, mischevious toddler. Big J is attaching and learning to exoress himself. They both have such strong personalities. And are little comedians. D and I have adapted to parenting I think pretty well. It was a crash course, sink or swim. There were some days I thought we weren't going to make it. But I think we will all be just fine. I love watching my boys grow into little men.



No comments:

Post a Comment